Celebrate the start of the Chinese new year with an authentic Asian dish simmering with AYAM flavours.
BBQ Marinated Calamari
- 400g calamari tubes
- 2 tbsp AYAM Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp AYAM Plum Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
1. Open out calamari tubes and lay flat. Make shallow cuts into the inside of the tubes. Cut into small squares.
2. Combine in a bowl with oyster sauce, plum sauce, garlic and lemon rind. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a barbecue plate to high. Heat oil, add capsicum and onion, stir-fry until tender, then transfer to a bowl.
4. Add calamari mixture to plate or pan, stir-fry for a few seconds until it changes colour. Add to capsicum and onion. Toss to coat.