Try this healthy and delicious recipe from Gayatri of Australian School of Meditation and Yoga this Autumn!
- ? 2 cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 1 cup cubed potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh herbs eg. basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, parsley etc.
- Sea salt and pepper
Mash the potato well and mix in the lentils. Add the breadcrumbs, tahini paste, sesame and sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, and shallots. Finely chop the herbs and add to the mixture with the salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients well. Shape into patties. Brush oven tray with vegetable oil or ghee. Place patties on tray and brush top of patties with oil. Place in a moderate oven until golden brown (approx 20 minutes).