In light of the saying ‘abs are made in the kitchen’, we asked Josh Sparks founder and CEO of Paleo inspired eatery Thr1ve to share one of his favourite home cooked go-to recipes. “This is a winner, I guarantee it!”
Slow Roasted Lamb by Josh Sparks
For the main
Shoulder of Lamb sufficient to feed your crew
For the sides
1. Spear holes in lamb and stuff with garlic cloves and rosemary. Drench in macadamia oil and slow cook for 4-6 hours at 125-150 C. It is done when the meat can fall off the bone.
Sweet potato bake (a Dan Churchill special):
1. Slice and pre bake sweet potato at approx 180 C, (I use 3 sweet potato for 6 people), in coconut oil until lightly browned. At the same time fry free range bacon, (I use 500g for 6 people), cut into small pieces, on the stove top.
2. Mix together ricotta (I use 500g for 6 people), coconut cream (2-3 small cans, I use 2), and fresh grated nutmeg (I use 3 for 6 people, but some may prefer to use 1-2).
3. Pull out sweet potato, cover in bacon pieces, and then spread the ricotta, coconut cream, and nutmeg over the top. Return to oven and bake at 180 C until browned on top.
Roasted broccoli with sea salt and chilli:
1. This is easy and pie, just chop as much broccoli as you need, drizzle with plenty of macadamia or coconut oil, bake until lightly browned, and serve with sea salt and chilli sprinkled on top.