Presenter, fitness lover and foodie, Rachael Finch, knows the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, and after the indulgences that come with the festive season, she’s encouraging Australians of all ages to get in top shape with her ‘100 per cent dribbilicious’ Summer stone fruit recipe.
Spiced Pork Cutlets with Blood Plum Sauce
1 tbs ground five spice
Freshly ground white pepper
2 tbs peanut oil
4 x 200g Frenched pork cutlets
Steamed Chinese broccoli and steamed rice, to serve
Blood Plum Sauce
½ cup water
75g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
3, about 250g blood plums, quartered
1 tbs Shao Xing rice wine
1 cinnamon quill
4cm piece ginger, julienned
2 star anise
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp malt vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
2. Combine five spice, pepper, oil and salt in a shallow dish. Coat pork cutlets in marinade.
3. Heat a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets for 2 minutes each side, then transfer to oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a plate,
and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until dissolved. Add plums, cinnamon, star anise and ginger, stir to combine. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, covered, for 6 minutes or until plums are tender. Add fish sauce and vinegar, stir to combine. Remove from heat and keep warm.
5. Serve pork with plum sauce, broccoli and steamed rice.