Looking for that perfect vegan desert to serve at your next dinner party? Try this yummy caramel tart inspired by Ben & Jerry’s new dairy-free range, it is sure to be a crowd favourite.
Vegan Almond Brittle Tart
Published on April 19, 2018
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (8 tbs) vegan buttery sticks
- 3-4 tbs cold water
- 1 pint Ben & Jerry’s Caramel Almond Brittle Non-Dairy, melted
- 2 cups sliced and toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- Begin by making the crust. Combine all dry ingredients, then combing the vegan buttery sticks and flour using a pastry blender or by hand.
- Add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. Form the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour (or for as long as 2 days).
- When ready to make the tart, preheat the oven to 170°C. Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and roll out a 25cm circle on a lightly floured board. Place the rolled dough into a 22cm tart pan, folding the extra over around the edges. Set aside or place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients and pour into the tart shell.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Check the tart every 10 minutes by tapping the top of the filling to eliminate any film forming on the top. The tart will be done when the crust is golden and the filling is a beautiful caramel color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Slice and serve with a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Caramel Almond Brittle Non-Dairy.