Australia’s golden girl, Libby Trickett, who slimmed down and made a spectacular career comeback at the 2012 London Games, is inspiring all Aussies who want to lose weight, to follow in her wake by sharing her secret to success, the tried and tested Seven Day Grape Shape Healthy Eating Plan.
- 1 cup small red and green grapes, halved
- 80 grams goats cheese
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- ½ cup wild rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 loaf of good quality sourdough bread, thinly sliced (brushed with oil and toasted on a hot pan)
- Bring a chargrill or heavy-based frypan to medium/high heat
- Slice bread thinly on an angle and brush with olive oil on both sides
- Place bread slices in batches on hot pan and press down with a spatula
- Once golden and crisp, turn and repeat process, removing crisped bread slices onto a platter
- To make the dressing, lightly whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste, set aside
- Place a half slice of prosciutto on each grilled bread slice. Top with a little goats cheese, a few wild rocket leaves, and 2-3 green and red whole grapes
- Drizzle honey and balsamic dressing over the crostini and serve immediately
Tip: You can also grill the bread slices in advance, store everything separately in air-tight containers and compile once at your picnic or BBQ.
Tip: Crush a clove of garlic into the olive oil and sit for 20 minutes or up to a day. Brush the bread slices with the garlic oil for extra flavour.