It has been four months since internationally trained and renowned chef David Tsirekas’ menu hit West End’s Nostimo Restaurant Bar, and it features some of his signature dishes! David’s Ancient Salmon dish is based on an ancient Greek technique which involved preserving fish in distilled spirits and fermented anchovy sauce.
Published on December 5, 2018
- 500g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder (closed flavour to silphium)
- 60ml ouzo
- 15ml fish sauce
- 1 punnet mulberries (if unavailable use blackberry)
- 60ml honey
- Whisk fish sauce, honey, ouzo and fenugreek powder until combined.
- Cut mulberries in half and add to marinade mix.
- Place salmon in vacuum seal or zip lock bag and pour in marinade mix over the salmon.
- Seal bag and chill for at least 24 hours before serving.
Best served within three days of preparation.