Eating fish during Chinese New Year is said to bring good luck and longevity. Celebrate family and friends with this mouthwatering recipe from AYAM at your Chinese New Year festivities.
Steamed Chilli and Lime Fish
1 whole fish (approx. 1kg)
1 tbsp AYAM Black Bean Sauce
½ tsp AYAM Sesame Oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 red chillies, finely chopped
1 lime, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lay two large sheets of foil on a bench. Top each with a smaller sheet of baking paper.
- Cut two slashes on each side of the fish, and place on baking paper.
- Combine black bean sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chilli and spread over each side of the fish. Place lime slices on top.
- Bring foil over and enclose the fish. Press foil edges firmly together, leaving a little space.
- Place fish in a baking dish and pour in water to about 2.5cm. Bake for 20 min, or until the flesh of the fish turns white.
- Serve with steamed white rice.