Good food and good health meet in The Yogic Kitchen, created and curated by ayurvedic health coach, skilled cook and passionate yoga teacher, Jody Vassallo. Here is a sneak peek at one of the recipes.
Chicken + Coconut Lime
Published on March 15, 2019
- 1.5 kg chicken drumsticks, scored
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 g) coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander, ground cumin, sweet paprika and garam masala
- 1 small red onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Coconut Lime Dressing
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 small green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the chicken, turmeric, garlic, yoghurt, spices, onion and lime juice in a shallow bowl and mix well to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for as long as time permits; overnight is ideal.
- The next day, combine the coconut lime dressing ingredients in a bowl, add the water and mix well.
- Bring the chicken drumsticks to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place chicken on the tray. Cook the drumsticks, turning several times, for 40–50 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken topped with the coconut lime dressing.