Keith Squires tandoori style marinades from his book, Cooking With Love, will bring flavour to life at your next barbecue. It is gluten and dairy free so will cover a lot of allergies and special diets in one go. Here is a sneak peek at one of the recipes.
Thai Green Curry
2 tablespoon coconut oil
Green curry paste (see below)
250 g tofu diced
1 red pepper diced
1 cougette diced
200ml coconut milk
2 kaffir lime leaves optional
Salt to taste
Green curry paste
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns
1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
1 stalk lemongrass sliced
1 green chilies sliced
1 shallot sliced
4 cloves garlic
2 cm fresh ginger sliced
Handful fresh coriander chopped
Handful fresh basil chopped
1 tablespoon tamari
2 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons coconut milk (enough to blend ingredients together)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoon oil and swirl around.
- Add the green curry paste.
- Stir-fry until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the stock plus the tofu, pepper and courgette.
- Simmer until ingredients are cooked, gradually adding the coconut milk and kaffir leaves.
- Add 2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves (left whole) while cooking.
- Season to taste and garnish with generous amounts of fresh basil.